Saturday 4 December 2010

Review: Lush Cinders Bath Ballistic

Cinders is something I had high hopes for. I love the scent, I adore the look of the bath bomb and the idea of it is great. However, it really let me down.

Shock, horror! Finally a Lush product I'm not in love with.

Photobucket

What Lush say:

"If the slipper fits...

Once upon a time, it seems like everyone fell in love with Cinders last year, so we had to invite her back for Christmas. Bathing with Cinders is like falling asleep in front of a log fire and hearing the crackling embers as the snow falls down.

It must be Cinders!

Warming cinnamon, refreshing sweet orange and almond essential oils will make your day every time you have a bath. Use with Glögg shower gel for a warming bath-time cocktail that will feel like the cold is far, far away"

You can certainly pick up the cinnamon in this. The almond is a sweet after scent and the only orange I picked up from this is the colour but that's alright - I love almond and cinnamon and they compliment each other beautifully.

While the scent is lovely, unfortunately my overall bath experience with Cinders was not so incredible. The pop rocks - awesome idea but not so well executed. They weren't painful per se but they seem to be attracted to your skin and pop which gives a pinching sensation - not pleasant when you're trying to have a relaxing bath and you've got these things in the last place you'd want 'em! After all this - I got out, drained the bath and enjoyed how lovely my bathroom smelled then noticed a bright orange ring around the bath. It had stained it. Having to scrub the bath after finally managing to relax isn't ideal.

One huge plus for me was the sound the bath bomb made when plopped in. It sounded just like a sizzling, crackling fire! Only for a few seconds before it sunk down to the bottom of the tub though...

3/10 Lush. 3/10...

8 comments:

  1. Oh no, I've got this one in one of my sets to try out next week lol not looking forward to it so much now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this last year after Christmas in a marked down gift set. I thought I liked it so I bought 2 bombs recently. Now I have to try it out again and see if I do like it or not. I'll let you know if I get pinched too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that looks lush (pardon the pun)! =P
    i'd probably eat it! =/ haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello , ca donne vraiment envie cette petite boule lush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm..
    thanks for the review dear..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have taken pics of the soap when you put it in the water lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love LUSH products! Thanks for the review .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's a shame ): I got the Lush Gingerbread House which smells of cinnamon and it was gorgeous! It didn't do anything fancy like fizz when you popped it in the bath, just turned the water a brown/red colour D: It was still good fun though! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate every single one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails