Monday 1 February 2010

My Valentine's Day Eyes

I'm really undecided on whether or not I'll make a video for this - not sure the Youtube video making world is for me yet. I'd love to be able to get the guts up to do it! I just don't think I'm in any place to teach anyone anything!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yeah, that's a mole on my eye. It's gross.

So this is the red smokey eye I'm wearing for Valentine's Day with John. I've been seeing a ton of cute gorgeous pinks - really light and flirty looks...but no sultry reds (as far as Valentine's tutorials on YT go). So I figured I'd try one out with the Sleek Sunset palette. ME Brown by Shu Uemura is also thrown on there. It's a beautiful metallic rust coloured shadow. Shu shadows are divine to work with. They blend well and the pigmentation is incredible. I'm really excited to pick up more when I head back to Hong Kong because as it stands I only have 4 colours and that makes me sad.

I started out with UDPP and put a light base of ME Brown over the lid, pulled it up to just past my crease and winged it out slightly. I lightly swept In Awe by MAC (a lovely black with gold pearl) into my crease and patted a bright red from the Sleek palette onto the centre of my lids. I used Young Thing by MAC as a highlight and dotted it on my inner corners to lift my eyes a little. After a few (hundred) coats of mascara and a slick of black liner and this is what I got. I'll probably finish the look with neutral lips and a light dusting of bronzer on my cheeks and temples.

In the past I've been afraid of wearing red on my eyes as it has made me look tired. The same story with pink. The way I make it work for me is to use shimmery or frosty shadows and to have a "barrier" of black or brown liner between the red and my waterline or lashline to stop that horrible tired look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and appreciate every single one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails